2017-18 Information, Policies and Pricing
- First day of classes: Monday, September 11th
- Columbus Day: studio is closed Monday, October 9th
- Halloween: studio is closed Tuesday, October 31st
- Mandatory costume sizing week: Monday, November 6th - Saturday, November 11th
- Costume Fees Due: November 15th
- Thanksgiving break: Wednesday, November 22nd - Saturday, November 25th
- Parent observation Session I: Monday, December 11th - Saturday, December 16th
- Tentative Holiday Show: Sunday, December 17th
- Winter Break: Saturday, December 23rd - Tuesday, January 2nd
- Recital Fee Due: February 15th ($30.00 per student)
- February Break: Monday, February 19th - Saturday, February 24th
- Spring Break: Friday, March 30th - Saturday, April 7th
- Mandatory Parent observation Session II: To be determined
- Picture Days: Tuesday, May 8th & Wednesday, May 9th (there are no regularly scheduled classes on these days)
- Last tuition payment: May 15th, 2018
- Fantasy Island: To be determined (for participating classes only)
- Finale Rehearsal: Sunday, June 10th from 2:00-3:30pm (for participating dancers only)
- Last day of classes: Tuesday, June 12th
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal: Thursday, June 14th
Mandatory Recitals: Friday, June 15th at 6:30pm & Saturday, June 16th at 1:00pm
Please reference Facebook, WGRZ and our website homepage,. We do not coordinate our closings due to weather with any particular school district.
To ensure students progression throughout the year it is imperative that class absences are limited to 3 or less classes per session, per class. Students who exceed the number of absences could jeopardize their involvement in the recital, Fantasy Island, Competition or any other performances. Their participation will be up to the discretion of Kelly and Yvonne. Also, please note that being on time for class is essential for a proper warm-up.
Visitors may observe classes during our scheduled observation weeks (see above). It is important to attend these classes to keep updated on studio information. Please note that Parent Observation (Session II) is mandatory. We take this time to inform parents of costumes, Picture Days, Fantasy Island and our June recital. All students are to bring their costumes to Parent Observation (Session II). We will be checking costumes and verifying details for hair and accessories.
Dance is a team activity in which everyone's involvement is necessary. Please note that Dress Rehearsal along with our Friday and Saturday performances are mandatory and it is imperative that you are available to commit. Students that are unable to do so must inform Kelly and Yvonne prior to the completion of Session 1. Failure to do so may jeopardize any involvement in the June recital.
The safety and well being of our staff and students is extremely important to us. All parents/guardians are responsible for informing teachers and assistants (in addition to Kelly and Yvonne) about all medical conditions/allergies associated with each student. Please utilize the medical conditions and allergies line on our registration form. We do not monitor the food and drinks that come in and our of our studio, therefore the studio is not an allergy free space. Students and parents are personally responsible for themselves at all times.
$50.00 (per family) non refundable, due by September 1st, 2017.
This fee reserves your child's spot in their desired classes along with studio newsletters and mailings.
All tuition is due no later than the 15th of each month (make checks payable to Sherry Martin Dance).
Please note: for your convenience tuition payments are made in 9 monthly installments based on a 10 month dance program (September-June).
Last tuition payment is due by May 15th, 2018. A late fee of $5.00 per week will be applied to all late tuition payments. Please makes checks payable to Sherry Martin Dance. You may also pay by credit card (Master Card, Visa and Discover) by stopping by the desk between the 1st and 15th of the month.
Music & Movement - $40.00 per session
Creative Movement and 45 Minute Classes - $50.00 per month
Hour Classes - $55.00 per month
Pointe - $275.00 per year
(1 installment by 9.15.17 of $250.00 or two installments of $137.50 due by 9.15.17 and 1.15.18)
Multiple Class Discount
$55.00 - for 1 class per month
$50.00 - for 2nd class per month ($105.00 per month)
$45.00 - for 3rd class per month ($150.00 per month)
$25.00 - for 4th class per month ($175.00 per month)
$15.00 - for 5th class per month ($190.00 per month)
$10.00 - for 6th class per month ($200.00 per month)
The cost schedule is based on Hour Classes. Please verify your personal pay schedule with Kelly and Yvonne.
Competition classes and fees are priced separately
Regarding late tuition payments:
1 week past due, no additional charge
2 weeks past due, $5.00
3 weeks past due, $10.00
4 weeks past due, $15.00 and so on
Beginner/Intermediate: $75.00 (per costume)
Intermediate/Advanced: $85.00 (per costume)
All costume fees are due by November 15th, 2017.
Costumes will not be ordered unless payment has been received in full (late charges may apply).
Please note: NYS sales tax is included.
There are no refunds on costume payments.
$30.00 per student
This administrative fee is put towards the organization, preparation and participation of our 2017-18 Recital, held at UB Center for the Arts, Mainstage. Recital fee is due by February 15th, 2018.