2019-20 Information, Policies and Pricing
Important Dates for the 2019-20 Dance Season:
- First day of classes: Saturday, September 7th
- September Tuition: Due no later than September 15th
- October through June Tuition: Due by the 1st of each month (June’s tuition payment is half of your monthly amount)
- Columbus Day: Monday, October 14th No Class
- Halloween: Thursday, October 31st No Class
- Mandatory costume sizing week: Monday, November 4th - Saturday, November 9th
- Costume Fees Due: November 15th
- Thanksgiving break: Wednesday, November 27th - Saturday, November 30th
- Parent observation Session I: Monday, December 9th - Saturday, December 14th
- 2019 Holiday Show: Sunday, December 15th (tentative)
- Winter Break: Monday, December 23th - Saturday, January 4th
- Session II Begins: Monday, January 6th
- Recital Fee Due: February 15th ($30.00 per student)
- February Break: Monday, February 17th - Saturday, February 22nd
- Spring Break: Monday, April 13th - Saturday, April 18th
- Picture Days: Monday, May 11th through Wednesday, May 13th (No regularly scheduled classes)
- Mandatory Parent observation Session II: TBD
- Spring Benefit: Saturday May 23rd
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 25th No Class
- Last tuition payment: June 1st, 2019
- Finale Rehearsal: Sunday, June 14th 11:00-12:00pm (for participating dancers only)
- Last day of classes: Tuesday, June 16th
- No Class Wednesday, June 17th
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal:
Thursday, June 18th
UB Center for the Arts 4:00pm (Creative Movement 3:30pm)
Friday, June 19th 6:30pm
Saturday, June 20th 1:00pm
Please utilize our Remind App. Text the number 81010 with the message @smddance to subscribe to our reminders.
Please reference Facebook, WGRZ online and our website homepage. We do not coordinate our closings due to weather with any particular school district.
To ensure students progression throughout the year it is imperative that class absences are limited to 3 or less classes per session, per class. Students who exceed the number of absences could jeopardize their involvement in the recital, Competition or any other performances. Their participation will be up to the discretion of Kelly and Yvonne. Also, please note that being on time for class is essential for a proper warm-up.
Visitors may observe classes during our scheduled observation weeks (see above). It is important to attend these classes to keep updated on studio information. Please note that Parent Observation (Session II) is mandatory. We take this time to inform parents of costumes, Picture Days, and our June recital. All students are to bring their costumes to Parent Observation (Session II). We will be checking costumes and verifying details for hair and accessories.
Dance is a team activity in which everyone's involvement is necessary. Please note that Dress Rehearsal along with our Friday and Saturday performances are mandatory and it is imperative that you are available to commit. Students that are unable to do so must inform Kelly and Yvonne prior to the completion of Session 1. Failure to do so may jeopardize involvement in the June recital.
The safety and well being of our staff and students is extremely important to us. All parents/guardians are responsible for informing teachers and assistants (in addition to Kelly and Yvonne) about all medical conditions/allergies associated with each student. Please utilize the medical conditions and allergies line on our registration form. We do not monitor the food and drinks that come in and our of our studio, therefore the studio is not an allergy free space. Students and parents are personally responsible for themselves at all times.
$50.00 (per family) non refundable, due by at the time of online registration.
This fee reserves your child's spot in their desired classes along with administration costs.
New this year, all tuition is due no later than the 1st of each month.
We will now be charging tuition for the month of June (in the amount of exactly half of your normal monthly tuition).
Last tuition payment is due by June 1st, 2020. A late fee of $5.00 per week will be applied to all late tuition payments. Please utilize our new online payments. You may also pay by credit card (Master Card, Visa and Discover) by stopping by the desk during the first week of each month.
- Music & Movement - $40.00 per session
- Creative Movement and 45 Minute Classes - $50.00 per month
- Hour Classes - $55.00 per month
- Half Hour Classes - $30.00 per month (no discounts applied)
- Hour and fifteen min classes - $60.00
Multiple Class Discount
$55.00 - for 1 class per month
$50.00 - for 2nd class per month ($105.00 per month)
$45.00 - for 3rd class per month ($150.00 per month)
$25.00 - for 4th class per month ($175.00 per month)
$15.00 - for 5th class per month ($190.00 per month)
$10.00 - for 6th class per month ($200.00 per month)
The cost schedule is based on Hour Classes. Please verify your personal pay schedule with Kelly and Yvonne.
Competition classes and fees are priced separately
Regarding late tuition payments, costume payments, and recital fee:
1 week past due, no additional charge
2 weeks past due, $5.00
3 weeks past due, $10.00
4 weeks past due, $15.00 and so on
Please note: NYS sales tax is NOT included. All costume fees will be paid through our website.
Beginner/Intermediate: $75.00 (per costume, plus tax)
Intermediate/Advanced: $85.00 (per costume, plus tax)
All costume fees are due by November 15th, 2019.
Costumes will not be ordered unless payment has been received in full (late charges will apply).
There are no refunds on costume payments.
$30.00 per student
This administrative fee is put towards the organization, preparation and participation of our 2019-120 Recital, held at UB Center for the Arts, Mainstage. Recital fee is due by February 15th, 2020.